BABY FENUGREEK LEAVES / GAVTI METHI / BARIK METHI
- Baby methi leaves – 10 or 12 mini bunches or 3 to 4 cups of cleaned leaves
- Oil – ½ tbsp.
- Jeera – 1 tsp [optional]
- Onion – 1 big finely chopped
- Garlic crushed – 1 tsp
- Tomato finely chopped – 1
- Cooked Potato – 1 big [ diced ]
- Chilli pwdr – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – a pinch [optional ]
- Freshly grated coconut – ¼ cup
- First chop the hairy tip. Then chop the bunch into 2.
- As the leaves are muddy , soak it in water for some time ,so that the sand settles down. [they are grown in sandy soil]
- Clean , Wash and rinse it in 3 – 4 changes of water. Strain and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a pan
Add the jeera let it splutter.
Add the onion fry till the onions turn translucent.
Add garlic and fry till raw smell leaves.
Add tomatoes and fry till soft .
Add chilli pwdr + turmeric + salt and fry .
Add the cooked potatoes and mix well.
Now add the leaves and mix well.
The leaves will sweat and the quantity will reduce .
Stir and cook till complete water evaporates.
Once done add the coconut and mix well.
Baby methi bhaji with aloo is ready to serve.
No need of adding potatoes – increase the quantity of leaves .
- It has crunchy taste
- You can also add green peas.
- It can be cooked with prawns or even egg.
- Coconut helps to reduce bitterness.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies