BESAN / GRAM FLOUR COOKIES BY NAVNEET KAUR
- Besan – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup + 1 tbsp [ powder it ]
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Cardamom pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Finely sliced pista – 1 tbsp + few for topping
Melt the ghee.
Mix the besan + cardamom pwdr + pista in a big plate.
Slowly add ghee little by little and knead it into a smooth dough.
Divide the dough into equal portions ,
1 – Roll each portion into a soft ball.Flatten it a bit and sprinkle little pista.
2 – Roll the dough with rolling pin , make a big circle .Take a cookie cutter and cut into desired shapes .
Arrange it on a baking tray.
Bake it for 10 – 12 minutes on 180* in preheated oven till it is done .
Check after 10 minures.
Once done remove and allow it to cool.
Store it in an airtight container.
VARIATION – U can always bake cookies in pan / kadai / cooker,Refer here for recipe – Kadai nankhatai
- U can take half besan and half maida.
- Baking time depends on the size and thickness of the cookie .
- If ghee is more in the dough then adjust by adding little flour .
- Don’t overbake .
- Once done it will be soft but later it will becoe crunchy .
- If ghee is less then the cookies will have cracks .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Kadai nankhatai
- Eggless butterscotch cookies
- Oats choco cookies
- Bakery Nankhatai Recipe
- Nankhatai recipe
- Cake recipes
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies