LADIES FINGER RICE / BHINDI RICE
- Cooked Basmati rice or any rice – 3 cup
- Oil + ghee – 2 tbsp
- Chopped ladies finger / bhindi– 2 cup
- Goda masala – 2 tbsp
- Chilli pwdr – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt as per taste
- Cashew – few broken
- Lemon juice – ½ tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Freshly grated coconut for garnish – 1 tbsp
- Clean ,wash ,rinse and soak the rice for 20 mins. Cook it till soft and grainy not mushy .
- Wash ,pat dry and chop the ladies finger . Spread it on a big plate and keep it under sun or under fan for 30 mins – this helps in cooking the bhindi without stickiness – try it ,it is my tip for bhindi .
- **** you can fry the bhindi separately and then add to avoid stickiness.
Heat oil + ghee in pan , add jeera and allow it to crackle.
Add the cashew + curry leaves and fry till cashew turns light golden .
Add all the ladies finger and stir fry till it is cooked without any stickiness.
Add goda masala + turmeric + red chilli pwdr + salt and fry for few seconds on low flame .
Add the cooked rice and mix well .
Drizzle few drops of water .if very dry .
Cover and cook for 1 min on low flame .
Off the flame and Drizzle lemon juice .
Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut .
Serve with raita , salad and papad.
- I have used readymade Bedekar goda masala pwdr.
- You can also add peanuts.
- If you don’t have goda masala , you can use1 tsp garam masala .
- Y not try pav bhaji masala or sambar masala .
- Same recipe can be tried with tondli, brinjal ,potato ,beans ,cauliflower .
RECIPE FOR GODA MASALA
Ingredients – 3 cups coriander seeds + ½ cup cumin seeds + 2 long sticks cinnamon + 1 teaspoons black peppercorns + 1 tablespoons cloves + 7 bay leaves+3 tbsp dagad phool [black stone flower] +1 tbsp nagkesar [cassia buds] + 1tbsp shahjeera +1tsp asafoetida + 2 tbs turmeric powder +1 tbs fenugreek seeds + 50 gms sesame seeds + ½ cup grated dry coconut+ ½ tbsp poppy seeds.
METHOD – Dry roast all the above ingredients one by one separately till aromatic on medium low flame. Allow it to cool and grind it into a fine pwdr.
*****Bhindi rice can be made in any method like bhindi pulav etc – Refer to my 50 + rice recipes ,instead of other veges use fried bhindi 50 + RICE RECIPES CLICK HERE – Rice recipes
for more recipes click on the names :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?
- Stuffed bhindi
- Dahi bhindi
- Bhindi raita
- Simple bhindi fry
- Aloo bhindi ki sabji recipe
- Ladies finger gravy
- Ladiesfinger sambar
- Ladies finger poriyal recipe
- Crispy okra fry
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies