MASALA BREAD UPMA
- Bread slices – 4 or 5
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Tomato finely chopped – 1
- Chopped capsicum – 1 [optional ]
- Red chilli pwdr – ½ tsp
- Pav bhaji masala – 1 tbsp or as required
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
Take 2 slices and blend it in the mixer without cutting the sides.
Chop of the sides of remaining 2 bread slices and chop it into very small cubes.
Mix both and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan ,add jeera and let it crackle.
Add onion and fry till translucent .
Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
Add capsicum and fry .[ don’t overcook ,it shud have the crunch ]
Add chilli pwdr + pav bhaji masala + salt and fry .
Sprinkle few drops or water .[not more that I or 2 tbsp ]
Add the bread and mix well till it is coated with the masala.
Lower the flame ,cover and cook for a minute.
Off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with side dish. I served it with coconut chutney .
Y not drizzle few drops of lemon while serving .
- ***** Y not slightly toast the bread first and then chop it .Toasting the bread will remove the smell of the bread .U can add little butter or ghee while toasting.
- Instead of pav bhaji masala ,u can try garam masala or sambar masala.
- Y not try the same recipe with pav or idli or dosa or soya chunks or parathas or chapatti .
- Instead of grinding ,u can just used chopped bread slice.
- U can serve with sauce.
- Instead of tomato ,you can use tomato sauce or ketchup.
- You can make a plain version without adding masalas ,just add green chilli instead of the masala pwdr.
- U can use leftover bread.
- The masala should not be watery or the bread will become soggy.
- Adjust masalas as per your taste.
- U can add few curry leaves also .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Oats upma
- Dosa upma
- Dhokla upma
- Vermicelli upma recipe
- Bread omelette
- Daliya upma recipe
- Shahi idli
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies