CABBAGE MASALA FRY [ Chettinad style ]
- Finely chopped cabbage – 250 gms
- Onion chopped – 1
- Curry leaves – few
- Tomato chopped – 1
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chilli – 3 or 4 or as per taste
- Coriander seeds – ½ tbsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Finely chopped coriander for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the cabbage , onion and tomato .
- Dry roast the red chilli + coriander seeds + fennel seeds till aromatic . Allow it to cool and grind it to a fine pwdr .
Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds and allow it crackle .
Add onion + curry leaves + asafoetida and fry till light brown .
Add tomato + salt and fry till oil separates .
Add turmeric pwdr and mix well .
Add cabbage and mix well .
Add ½ cup of water , cover and cook for 6 – 7 mins on medium flame till the cabbage becomes soft and all the water is absorbed .
Add the ground masala , mix well and stir fry for few seconds .
Garnish with coriander leaves and off the flame .
Serve as a side dish .
- You can also add cooked chana dal /potato /cooked peas .
- Cabbage should become soft .It should not be crunchy .
- Instead of grinding the masala ,u can just use sambar masala pwdr .
- Y not add ½ tsp of ginger garlic paste after adding onion and instead of the ground masala add garam masala + coriander pwdr + red chilli pwdr .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips ,tricks , videos ,recipe ,amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies