CABBAGE SOUP / CREAM OF CABBAGE
- Roughly chopped cabbage – 2 cup
- Onion sliced – 1 small
- Garlic – 3 clove minced
- Cinnamon – a very small piece
- Clove – 1
- Olive oil + butter – 2 tsp
- Pepper pwdr as required
- Plain water – 2 cups
- Stock / water – 1 cup [ for stock use maggi magic cubes ]
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- Milk – 1 cup milk mixed with 1 tbsp cornflour [optional ]
- Grated cheese – 1 cube [ optional ]
- Fresh cream – 1 tbsp
- Mixed herb / oregano as required
Heat oil + butter in a cooker ,add cinnamon + clove .
Add garlic and fry for few seconds.
Add onion and fry till golden brown .
Add the cabbage and stir fry for 1 minute.
Add 2 cup of water + salt and pressure cook upto 2 whistles.
Allow it to cool .
Blend it into a fine paste.
Add the stock and mix well .
Adjust salt and pepper .
Heat another pan ,add the cabbage soup and bring to a boil .
Plain cabbage soup is ready to serve .[ here to thicken the soup you can add mashed potato ]
***Now to make it rich and creamy ,add the milk + corn flour mixture and mix well .
Stir and cook for a minute .
Add 1 tbsp fresh cream + grated cheese + mixed herbs mix well .
Cream of cabbage is ready to serve .
****Garnish the soup with coriander leaves for more flavour .
Serve hot with toasted bread /bread sticks .
- Add water as per the consistency you want .
- Stock can be made at home by boiling diffenet veges OR use a maggi stock cube .
FOR MORE RECIPES CLICK ON THE NAMES BELOW :-
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies