LEFTOVER CHAPATI SCHEZWAN NOODLES
- Leftover chapati – 4
- Sliced onions – ¼ cup
- Sliced capsicum – ¼ cup
- Sliced cabbage – ¼ cup
- Carrots julienned – ¼ cup
- Ginger + green chilli and garlic finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Pepper pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Tomato sauce /KETCHUP– 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce – ½ tsp
- Vinegar – ½ tsp
- Chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce – 1 or 2 tbsp. or as required
- Sugar – ½ or 1 tsp
- Finely chopped spring onion greens or coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Roll all the 4 chapatis together as shown in pic .Now slice it very finely with a sharp knife .[ I sliced it very finely ]
- Finely slice all the veges.
Heat oil in a pan .
Add green chilli + ginger + garlic and stir fry .[colour should not change ]
Add onion and fry .
Add capsicum and fry .[it should not become soft – it should have th crunch ]
Add carrot and stir fry .
Add cabbage ,mix well and stir fry .
Add pepper pwdr + salt .
Add schezwan sauce + tomato sauce + soya sauce + vinegar + chilli sauce + sugar and mix well .
Drizzle 1 OR 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
Add the chapatti noodles and mix well till gets coated with all the sauces .
Stir fry for few seconds and off the flame .
Garnish with spring onion greens /coriander leaves .
Serve hot .
- I chopped it very thinly ,my kids could not make it out that this dish was made with chapatti .[u can see in the image ]
- Add veges as per your taste and likes -mushroom /corn /paneer / broccoli / sprouts / boiled boneless chicken pieces etc
- Same recipe goes for parotta.
- You can either make schezwan sauce at home or use readymade ones .
- Schezwan sauce recipe – Schezwan sauce recipe
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips ,tricks , videos ,recipe ,amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies