CHEESY VEG BREAD ROLL
- Bread as required
- Mashed potato – ½ cup
- Finely chopped onion – ½ cup
- Finely chopped capsicum – ½ cup
- Finely chopped tomato – ¼ cup [not soft ]
- Grated cheese – ½ cup
- Cheese slices – few
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
- Mixed herbs / oregano – 1 tsp
- Pepper pwdr /chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Cornflour for dusting [ optional ]
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry /shallow fry
- Sauces / chutneys / dips to serve
- Make a mixture of potato + capsicum + onion + tomato herbs + salt + pepper pwdr + grated cheese + coriander leaves + chaat masala.
- Tear the cheese slices into small bits.
- Discard the seeds and pulp portion of the tomato and chop it .
- Chop of the edges of the bread slices.
Dip the bread in water only on one side for 1 or 2 seconds.[ just dip lightly and remove it immediately ]
Keep it in middle of the palm ,press and squeeze it with the other palm well, so that the water is completely drained.
Immediately place a spoon of stuffing in the middle of the bread and top it with torn cheese slices .
Gather the edges of the bread to the centre and roll it in a cylindrical shape.
Be careful there should be no cracks.
Keep it in fridge for sometime.
Again try to press it gently and give a cylindrical shape .
***After keeping in fridge for sometime – it becomes easy to shape it .
Dust the roll with cornflour , press and shape the roll again .[ by dusting cornflour lightly – the rolls don’t absorb oil ]
Deep fry till golden brown.
Remove on absorbent paper. Serve hot with any sauce /chutney /dips .
- You can also fill macaroni ,kheema ,samosa stuffing ,egg burji ,paneer burji etc any filling of your choice.
- Dust it with corn flour so that the bread does not absorb oil while frying .
- Keep it in fridge for an hr or more so that it becomes firm. It is must or if you fry immediately it can absorb oil .
- Instead of deep frying , you can use a sandwich toaster and make it like toasted stuffed sandwich with the same above fillings.
- You can prepare the rolls and refrigerate it for 2 days and fry it when required.
- You can reduce the quantity of cheese by adding grated paneer .
for more recipes click on the names below : –
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies