CHICKEN IN WHITE SAUCE RECIPE
- Boiled shredded chicken – 1 ½ cup
- Butter – 1 ½ tbsp + ½ tbsp olive oil
- Garlic – 2 cloves finely chopped or minced
- Maida / all purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- 1 cup of stock made from maggi veg or non veg cubes
- Finely chopped coriander/parsely leaves – 2 tsp [optional]
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes – 1tsp
- Salt and pepper powder as per taste
- Parmesan cheese or cheese cubes grated – 2 tbsp.
Clean ¼ kg boneless chicken. Boil it with salt for 10 -12 mins. Once it cools shred it or finely chop it.
Heat a non-stick pan.
Add the butter + oil.
Add the garlic and fry. [don’t burn the garlic]
Add the flour and cook for 1 min by continously stirring on low flame.
Add the stock and cook.
Keep stirring and cook till sauce boils and thickens.
Add salt, pepper pwdr, chilli flakes and cheese.
Add the chicken and mix well till the pasta gets quoted well with the sauce.
Serve immediately with toasted garlic bread or use it as filling for any sandwiches or hotdog or bun.
For similar recipe refer to the below recipes –
Chicken bread pockets – http://maryzkitchen.com/chicken-bread-pockets-recipe/
Penne pasta – http://maryzkitchen.com/pasta-in-white-sauce-recipe/
Cheese corn spinach sandwich – http://maryzkitchen.com/cheese-corn-spinach-sandwich/
- Don’t make it very thick as on cooling it will become more thick.
- you can also add mayonnaise.
- You can also add stir fried veges like any coloured capsicum, mushroom , onion, corn, brocolli ,babycorn ,carrot etc while adding the chicken.
- Non vegetarians can add boiled pasta.
- Add more cheese while serving.
- Cook on low flame.
- If the sauce gets thick and dry add few tbsp of milk and heat again.
- Spaghetti goes very well with this sauce.
- Chilli flakes and oregano or mixed herbs enhances the flavour.
- Keep stirring while cooking.
- Instead of plain flour you can add corn flour or wheat flour mixed in milk.
- *If it becomes thick add milk and adjust the seasoning.
for more recipes click on the names below ;-
FOR MORE TIPS ,TRICKS,VIDEOS, RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies