CHICKEN SPINACH PASTA
- Cooked pasta – 2 cup
- Finely chopped palak / spinach – 1 cup
- Boiled corn – ¼ cup [ optional ]
- Boiled boneless chicken – ½ cup
- Maida / APF- 2 tbsp
- Finely minced or chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Water /stock – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Mixed herbs / oregano – 1 ½ tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Pepper pwdr – ½ tsp
- Grated cheese for garnish
- Olive oil + butter – 1 tbsp
- Take 1 tsp oil and stir fry palak till it reduces and all water evaporates .Add the boiled corn to it and mix well .Keep this mixture aside .
- Boil the chicken till is done .Shred or cube into small pieces .Stir fry the chicken pieces in 2 tsp oil for 2 mins.
- Prepare stock by either boiling vegetables or just use 1 maggi magic cube. Dissolve the magic cube in 1 cup hot water .*** Chicken stock makes this recipe more yummy .
Heat butter + oil .
Add garlic and styir fry .[colour should not change ]
Add maida and stir fry on low flame. [ don’t burn ]
Add 1 cup stock +1 cup milk and mix well. [ no lump]
Add the fried spinach + corn and mix well .
Add the chicken and mix well.
Stir and cook for a minute .
Add the cooked pasta and mix well till it blends well.
Add herbs + chilli flakes + pepper pwdr + salt and mix well.
[ We can also add grated cheese + fresh cream for more rich texture ]
Simmer on low flame for a minute and off the flame.
Serve hot .garnish with grated cheese .
- Instead of maida you can use wheat flour .
- If it becomes very thick adjust by adding milk and adjust seasoning also.
- It is ok if you don’t have stock ,use plain water or double the amount of milk .But stock enhances the flavour .I use chicken magic cubes.1 cube is enough .
- Be careful while adding salt as butter and cheese have salt.
- You can use other varieties of pasta. I have used a combo of spaghetti and penne pasta.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Pasta in white sauce recipe
- Pasta in roasted red bell pepper sauce
- Pasta in Indian style
- Spaghetti in white sauce recipe
- Spaghetti stir fry recipe
- What to cook for breakfast ?
- Tips for buying and cooking fish
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton
- Cooking tips
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies