CHINESE CHICKEN FRIED RICE / PATTAYA FRIED RICE
- Cooked basmati rice – 3 OR 4 cup
- 1 cup – shredded boiled chicken
- ¼ cup – finely chopped onion [spring onion]
- ¼ cup – finely chopped carrot
- ¼ cup – beans finely chopped
- ¼ cup – carrot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp – finely chopped ginger and garlic
- ½ tsp – finely chopped green chilli
- ¼ tsp –pepper pwdr
- Salt as per taste
- 2-3 tbsp –olive oil or regular oil
- 2 tsp – Soya sauce
- 1 tsp – chilli sauce [ green or red ]
- 2 tsp – tomato ketchup
- Finely chopped spring onion greens for garnish
- Ajinomoto – a generous pinch for actual Chinese flavour [ optional ]
- Cook the rice with salt .
- Boil the chicken for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the pieces . Shred it with hands instead of chopping. You can use chicken with bones ,use the flesh and discard the bones. Don’t discard the water it was cooked in .Use it for making soup or use it while cooking the rice .
Heat oil in a pan .
Add the onions + green chilli + ginger and garlic , saute for few seconds [ the colour should not change]
Then add beans and carrot and stir fry for 2 minutes then add the cabbage and stir fry. [vegetables should not be fully done it should be crunchy].
Add the chiili sauce + tomato ketchup + vinegar + soya sauce + salt + ajinomoto and pepper powder and mix well
Add the shredded chicken and mix / toss well .
Stir fry for a minute and off the flame.
Garnish with spring onion greens + few boiled chicken pieces and serve hot.
For side dish serve any manchurian or chilli gravy .
***** While adding the chicken you can also add scrambled egg OR after the veges are done add beaten egg and scramble it together with the veges .
VARIATION – PATTAYA FRIED RICE
Beat 2 eggs + salt + chilli flakes / pepper pwdr + mixed herbs. Heat a pan with little oil and pour the beaten eggs. Swirl the pan to make a thin pancake. Lower the flame to lowest ,cover and cook.No need to flip .[ don’t burn the bottom, be careful ]Once done place the omelette on a plate. Place the fried rice in the centre .Fold the edges into an envelope shape. Carefully flip the parcel on the serving plate .Drizzle ketchup or chilli sauce on to and serve. *** if the bottom colour is not presentable then ,flip the omelette and make the parcel , so that the lighter shade comes on the top .
- Keep everything prepared before you start cooking.
- Don’t reduce the quantity of oil, as oil is the only ingredient which has to coat the rice and give it flavor.
- Be careful while cooking the rice don’t overcook it. Rice has to be soaked atleast for 20-30 mins. Each grain should be separated .After cooking the rice keep it open to cool or spread it on a big plate.Cook it with salt. I like to keep the cooked rice in fridge for minimum 3 hrs and use it when required. Sometimes I cook the rice a day before and keep it in fridge if I have to prepare fried rice for better texture.You can also use leftover rice.Adding maggi magic cubes,while cooking the rice enhances the flavour of rice.
- The veges that take time to cook should be added first.
- You can add many other veges like capsicum,cauliflower,,celery,green peas ,corn, mushroom, paneer, soya chunks, colourful bellpepper ,babycorn etc.Veges have to be finely chopped in cubes and not lengthwise.
- You can add any one vege more in quantity and call it that veges fried rice like mushroom fried rice, paneer fried rice ,egg fried rice ,corn fried etc.
- You can add ¼ tsp ajinomoto and reduce the quantity of salt for actual restaurant type taste.
- Don’t add the sauces while cooking use it while serving.In big restaurants also they don’t add or if you want to add while cooking then add after mixing the rice .Don’t add with the veges as it gives black colour.
- The cooking should be done on high flame without burning the ingredients.
- Olive oil add flavours.
- If you don’t have time to peel and chop ginger garlic you can just add 2-3 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- If kids are fussy about carrot you can grate and stir fry.
- Ginger and garlic add flavour to the oil which coats the rice.
- Instead of cooked rice you can add cooked noodles and instead of cube veges add lengthwise cut veges and make Chicken hakka noodles
- For schezwan chicken fried rice add schezwan sauce .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- veg hakka noodles
- Chinese veg fried rice recipe
- Schezwan sauce
- CHINESE BHEL
- SWEET CORN SOUP
- Veg sweetcorn soup recipe
- MANCHOW SOUP
- SCHEZWAN FRIED RICE
- Chinese maggi noodles
- Chinese chilli chicken gravy recipe
- Crispy fried Chinese noodles
- Veg manchurian gravy
- Dry gobi manchurian recipe
- CHILLI CAULIFLOWER GRAVY RECIPE
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies