- Fresh curd [ not sour ] – 2 cup
- For sweetness you can add any one of this Condensed milk – 6 or 7 tbsp OR Powdered sugar – 5 or 6 tbsp OR Honey – 6 or 7 tbsp [as per taste ]
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut pwdr – 1 or 2 tbsp or as per the flavour you want .You can add more if you want strong flavour / less if u want mild flavour.
- Finely chopped almond + cashew + pista – 1 or 2 tbsp [optional ]
- Take the curd in a muslin cloth , tie it tightly and hang it over night or minimum 6 – 8 hrs till the complete water [ whey ] drains out. Once done , keep it in fridge or it will become sour.
Take the hung curd in a bowl and whisk for few seconds till smooth.
Add any one of the sweetness ingredient and whisk for 3 – 4 minutes. [add little by little so that once it reaches your taste , you can stop ]
Add desiccated coconut pwdr and whisk for few second till it blends well.
Add chopped dry fruits and mix well .
Refrigerate it till chill .
Serve chilled by garnishing with dry fruits .
- Instead of desiccated coconut you can add tender coconut malai.
- You can add small bits of tender coconut malai.
- May be a tbsp of thick coconut milk or blended tender coconut malai .
- I didn’t have muslin cloth so I used my dupatta.
- Sugar quantity depends on your taste.
- You can refrigerate and use it for a day or 2.
SHRIKHAND [ SHIKHRINI ]
Is prepared by tying yoghurt / curd in a muslin and is left to drain for hours or even overnight . The leftover thick curd is known as ‘chakka ‘. Sugar is later added to it with cardamom and saffron and all are blended together .It is served chilled .In Gujrat it is served with khaaja poori. We can give various variations to it just by adding dry fruits / fruit pulps / syrups or artificial flavours.Instead of sugar we can use honey /condensed milk . Sometimes we can prepare a thin version of it just by adding milk / water / curd called as Piyush or Shedki .
Also what I noticed was if we freeze it in the freezer forfew hrs ,our frozen yoghurt is ready ,very much similar to ice creams made with fresh cream – use curd with less sourness and your ice cream is ready .
Here I am sharing with you all few of my experiments with shrikhand , just click on the names below for recipe –
- Mango shrikhand recipe
- Chocolate shrikhand
- Orange shrikhand
- Nutella shrikhand
- Strawberry shrikhand
- Condensed milk shrikhand
- Honey nuts shrikhand
- Coconut shrikhand
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Vermicelli kesari
- Mango shrikhand recipe
- Dudhi ka halwa
- Rava kheer
- Chocolate making
- Cake recipes
- Tips for soft idlis
- Rice recipes
- Pista kulfi recipe
- Malpua with rabri recipe
- Jalebi recipe
- Shahi tukda recipe
- Mango rabri recipe
- Rabri recipe
- Rice kheer recipe
- Sweet pongal recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies