CREAMY VEG HUNG CURD SANDWICH
- Hung curd – ¾ or 1 cup made from fresh curd [not sour ]
- Grated carrot – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped capsicum – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped onion – ¼ cup
- Boiled corn – ¼ cup [ optional ]
- Finely chopped coriander leaves –2 tbsp
- Cheese grated – 1 cube [optional ] OR 2 tbsp mayo
- Pepper pwdr or chilli flakes – ½ tsp or as per taste
- Mixed herbs / oregano – 1 tsp
- Salt taste
- Bread as required
- Butter as required
Take the curd in a muslin cloth , tie it tightly and hang it till the complete water [ whey ] drains out. Once done , keep it in fridge or it will become sour.
In a mixing bowl take hung curd + carrot + capsicum + onion + corn + coriander leaves + cheese / mayo + pepper pwdr / chilli flakes + mixed herbs + salt and mix well and keep aside .
Arrange the bread slices and apply butter on one side of all the bread.
Spread generously a layer of the curd mixture .
Cover it with a bread slice and press it gently .
Now apply little butter on the top portion .
Heat a frying pan and brush some ghee or butter all over , on medium low flame.
Place the sandwich on it , press it gently with a spatula and toast. While it is getting toasted now apply butter on top portion . Once it is toasted ,flip it and toast it on other side also till golden brown .
Once done slice it and serve with any dips / sauces /chutney .
While serving sprinkle little grated cheese.
TO GET TOASTER EFFECT WITHOUT A TOASTER– After placing the sandwich keep a plate or lid on it and on top of it place a heavy object [ medium low flame ] OR – as shown in the pic .flip and repeat the process on other sides .
- Instead of herbs you can add Indian spice .
- Applying butter before spreading the mixture is must ,else the sandwich will become soggy .
- If adding cheese ,be careful while adding salt .
- Don’t use curd .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ? – 500 recipes
- Veg recipes – 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish – 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 20 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton – 20 + recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies