DIET PLAN FOR LOSING WEIGHT / HEALTHY BODY
EARLY MORNING AS YOU GET UP [ 6 AM ]
- A glass of luke warm water + 1 tbsp lemon juice + 1 tsp grated ginger
BEFORE WORK OUT /EXERCISE [any form of exercise for 1 hr ]
- 1 apple + 4 soaked almonds
AFTER WORK OUT [ 8 AM ]
- Dates – 3
- Egg whites – 3
BREAK FAST – [ 9 AM ]
- Oats – 1 bowl with low fat milk OR
- Idli /dosa – 2 or 3 with sambar + chutney OR
- Poha – 1 bowl OR
- Veg Parathas with low fat curd – 2
- Either of the above with 1 cup of tea with ½ tsp sugar
MUNCH TIME [ 11 .30 ]
- 1 seasonal fruit with 1 cup green tea
LUNCH [ 1.30 ]
- Multigrain phulka – 2 or 3
- Vegetable – 1 bowl
- Salad – 1 bowl
- Dal /curd/buttermilk – 1 bowl OR 3 pieces grilled or boiled chicken /fish
MUNCH TIME [ 4 .OO ]
- A cup of green tea + a handful of roasted farsan /chana
MUNCH TIME [ 6.30 ]
- Bhel OR
- Boiled sprouts with veges OR
- Whole wheat sandwich [no potato and butter ] OR
- Plain Steamed food
DINNER [ 8.30 ]
- 2 phulka
- + 1 bowl salad
- + 1 bowl dal or 3 pieces of grilled fish /chicken
- A glass pf lukewarm water with a pinch of cinnamon pwdr
******NOTE – If you are not able to take dinner at 8.30 – You can have a glass of buttermilk + 2 tsp roasted flax seeds . And try having dinner by 10.00.
For those who do not eat fish or chicken can have –
Eggs /Chia seeds /quinoa /buckwheat /soy /hummus/peanut butter with brown bread /lentils /oats /green peas /tofu /low fat /pumpkin seeds /chick peas /any wheat products /peanuts /corn /spinach /guava /greek yoghurt /almonds / cashew
Readymade Vegan protein powder .
- If you are not able to take dinner at 8.30 – You can have a glass of buttermilk + 2 tsp roasted flax seeds . And try having dinner by 10.00.
- Everyday oil intake 1 tbsp of good brand
- Water intake – 2 to 3 litres.
- 1 hour of workout in any form is a must – cardio /gym / walk /run /jog /swimming /cycling / climbing stairs /dancing /household chores – sweeping ,mopping washing clothes ,scrubing the bathroom , etc
- Ensure that you eat your meal on time.
- Eat slowly.
- Add eggs to your diet .
- Get enough sleep.
- After every meals brush your teeth .
- Avoid processed food .
- Eating healthy breakfast reduces your hunger later in the day, making it easier to avoid overeating.
- Do not replace your meal with fruits.
- Have plenty of fluids in-between meals & not with the meals.
- Eat slowly in comfortable, relaxed environment.
- Do not skip meals & do not keep a gap of more than three hours in between meals.
- Avoid products made from sugar, jaggery & Honey.
- Include complex carbs in every meal – whole wheat, Ragi, Jowar, brown rice, oats, etc.
- Avoid refined cereal products like white bread, noodles, polished rice, refined flour etc.
- Choose fibre-rich foods like green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruits etc.
- Low-fat milk products like curd, paneer and egg whites, lean chicken and fish are great protein sources.
- If you are a vegetarian, whole pulses and Dals can provide little protein and good amounts of fibre.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils and animal foods and very less use of ghee/ butter/ vanaspati.
- Restrict salt intake to minimum
- Use cow’s milk/ skimmed milk instead of buffalo’s milk.
- Restrict Papad, Pickles, ketchup, canned foods etc.
- Have at least 1-2 Fruits everyday
- Fruits allowed(Apple / pear / straw berries/ papaya / guava / kiwi/ Grape fruit etc)
- Following fruits likebanana, chickoo, mango, grapes, custard apple and jackfruit should be avoided.
- Fresh fruits are way superior to fruit juices.
- Restrict the intake of fresh coconut, dry coconut .
- Keep portion size small.
- Always give 2 hour gap in between dinner and bed-time.
- Don’t give up till you achieve .
EAT TO BECOME A HEALTHIER, HAPPIER, FITTER PERSON — NOT JUST TO LOSE WEIGHT.
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies