- Drumstick – 15 or 20 pieces [ thick -fleshy and tender ]
- Onion finely chopped – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Tomato – 1 [ pureed ]
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds + jeera – 1 tsp
- Chilli pwdr – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Coriander pwdr – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Wash ,rinse and peel the drumstick and chop it .
- Grind the tomato .[ you can also use chopped tomatoes ]
Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds + jeera and let it crackle .
Add onion + curry leaves and fry till light brown .
Add ginger garlic pste and fry till raw smell leaves.
Add tomato puree and cook till oil separates.
Add chilli pwdr + turemeric + coriander pwdr + salt and fry .
Add drumstick and mix well .
Add 1 cup of water , cover and cook till soft .
Open the lid and cook till complete water evaporates .
I made it dry ,if you want you ca make it little gravy type .
Once done off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves .
Ready to serve as a side dish for rice and dal .
- Adjust masalas as per taste.
- Y not add crushed peanuts or gated coconut in the end.
- V can aslo add potato cubes with drumstick, will taste good
- I added little Kashmiri chilli pwdr for red colour.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Drumstick dal recipe
- DRUMSTICK LEAVES STIR FRY
- Drumstick curry recipe
- Fried idli masala
- Radish leaves stir fry
- Cluster beans stir fry
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies