LAUKI / DODHI HALWA
- Grated lauki / dodhi / bottle gourd / ghia – 2 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp [ good quality ]
- Sugar – 2 ½ – 3 tbsp or as per taste
- Milk – 1 cup [boiled ]
- Condensed milk – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Almonds few – soaked , peeled and chopped
- Cardamom pwdr – ¼ tsp
Wash ,peel and grate the lauki , avoid the centre part with seeds .Squeeze the excess water .
Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add the grated lauki .
Saute for 5 mins on medium flame by stirring continuously to remove the raw flavour of the lauki .
Add milk + condensed milk , mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add sugar + cardamom pwdr ,mix well and cook till complete milk is absorbed .
Off the flame and garnish with almonds
Serve hot or chilled.
- You can also add khoya / mawa instead of condensed milk, in that case you have to increase the sugar quantity.
- The halwa should not be very dry ,it should have some moisture in it .
- You can also add fried cashew and raisins.
- Don’t reduce the ghee.
- Be careful while adding milk ,it can curdle.
- Some also add a pinch or drop of green colour.
- It can be stored for 2 -3 days in fridge and consumed.
For more recipes click on the names below : –
- Carrot halwa recipe
- Custard powder halwa
- Shahi tukda recipe
- Sweet vermecelli recipe
- Instant sevai kheer recipe
- Rice kheer recipe
- Moong dal kheer recipe
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies