STIR FRY EGG / EGG PORIYAL
- Egg – 3
- Onion finely chopped – 1 big
- Green chilly chopped – 2 or as per taste
- Curry leaves – few.
- Grated ginger – ¼ tsp [ optional]
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Freshly grated coconut – 2 tbsp [ optional ]
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
Beat the egg and keep aside.
Heat oil in apan .
Add the finely chopped onions + curry leaves + green chilli + grated ginger and fry till translucent.
Add salt + beaten egg and mix well.
Scrape and stir fry till the egg is completely done on low flame.
Finally garnish with coconut and coriander leaves.
- This recipe usually goes as a side dish with rice and curry.It doesn’t go much with bread.
- It is a similar recipe like how southindians stir fry most of the veges.
- Y not add capsicum.
- You can make any stir fry vege recipe and towards the end add the beaten egg and cook it together with the veges ,[beans/cabbage /carrot etc ]
- Y nt add sambar masala or garam masala.
- You can also add pepper pwdr.
- Don’t reduce onion.
- Don’t overcook or it will become dry and rubbery.It has to be soft.
- Don’t reduce onion,add more.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Simple egg curry
- Egg dum biryani
- Egg pepper fry
- Egg chaat
- Egg bhurji recipe
- Egg balls /omelette balls
- 1 minute microwave omelette in a mug
- Omelette recipe
- Vegetarian omlette recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.