EGGLESS COCONUT MACAROONS
- Desiccated coconut – 1 cup [ unsweetened ]
- Condensed milk – ¼ cup [amul or nestle]
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp [ optional ]
- Glazed cherries – few
- Grease the baking tray.
- Chop the cherries into 4 small bits
- Preheat the oven at 180 * C
Take a mixing bowl and add desiccated coconut + condensed milk +vanilla essence + honey and mix well with a spoon.
Knead it into a sticky mixture.
Grease your hands and divide the dough into equal parts. [smaller than lemon]
Roll each portion into a smoothe ball.
Flatten it lightly in your palms.
Arrange it on the baking tray.
Place a piece of cherry in the centre and press it.
Bake it for 10 – 15 mins on 180 * C
Allow it to cool for atleast 20 – 30 mins.
Store in an airtight container.
I also tried dipping in chocolate sauce – melt choco chips and dip the macaroon in it and refrigerate it for sometime OR just drizzle chocolate sauce over it.
- You can use grated dry coconut also. The look will be different.
- Instead of egg we are using condensed milk.
- I made small cookies so it was baked in 10 to 12 minutes.Baking time depends on size also.
- If using fresh wet coconut then dry roast it for sometime till light golden on low flame.
- Over baking can lead to burning of the macaroon so stop baking once it is light brown.
- Instead of rolling into smooth balls ,try just spooning in a scoop of the mixture on the baking tray to get a rough surface like mountain – using ice-cream scoop.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Eggless coconut cake
- Eggless coconut cookies
- Bakery Nankhatai Recipe
- Nankhatai recipe
- Eggless moist banana chocolate cupcakes
- Eggless banana chocolate cake
- Jalebi recipe
- Kulfi falooda recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.