TRICOLOUR MARBLE LOAF CAKE
INGREDIENTS [1 cup – 200ml ]
- Maida / APF – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup [ 2 tbsp less ]
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp [ melted ]
- Thick curd – ½ cup [room temperature]
- Water – ½ cup [ room temperature ]
- Baking pwdr – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Cocoa pwdr – 1 tbsp [unsweetened ]
- Red food colour + rose or strawberry or raspberry essence – few drops
- Sieve the maida + baking pwdr twice.Transfer to a mixing bowl .
- Powder the sugar .
- Melt the butter .
- Grease the baking loaf tin.
- Preheat the oven at 180 * C
Take sugar + water + melted butter + oil + essence in a mixing bowl and whisk it very well.
In another bowl take curd + vinegar + baking soda and whisk well . Keep aside for 5 minutes till the mixture becomes frothy .
Once the mixture becomes frothy , add this mixture to the oil mixture and again whisk well .
Now gradually add the sieved flour and mix gently with a spatula . [no lumps – do not over mix or the cake will become hard ]
Now the batter is ready.
Divide it the batter in 3 bowls .
In one add red colour + essence and in other add cocoa pwdr and mix well.
One you keep it plain .
Pour a ladle of plain vanilla batter and spread it
Now pour a ladle of pink batter and spread it with a spatula .
Finally top it with chocolate batter and spread it . [ you can start with chocolate batter and end with vanilla batter also ]
Now take a knife /fork and make zig zag pattern or NUMBER – 8888888 pattern or alphabet SSSSSSS pattern or &&&&&&& pattern in the batter .The knife should run till the bottom of the tin.
Tap the tin gently twice .
Bake it for 30 – 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180* C. [for me it took 40 mins as my tin was narrow ]
Check after 30 minutes .
Bake it till the tooth pick inserted in the centre comes clean .
Allow it to cool completely . [ 30 minutes ]
Run a knife around the edges of the tin to loosen the cake and invert the tin over a plate.Again allow it to cool.
Cake is ready to serve .
Now you can slice it and serve it .
- Once the batter is ready ,bake it .
- In wide tins the baking time will be less.
- 14 tbsp of sugar is enough .
- You can try the same recipe for any other cake recipe ,just use different essence and colours accordingly.
- You can make marble cake of many flavours and colours .
- You can omit butter and use 1/4 cupof oil.
for more recipes click on the names below –
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 50 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 130 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
- Paneer recipes – 20 + recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
This cake was done in 20 – 25 mins as the tin was wide .
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies