TRICOLOUR EGGLESS ZEBRA CAKE / KADAI CAKE
- Maida – 1 ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Oil – ¼ cup [ odourless / colourless ]
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 ½ tsp
- Food colour – orange and green
- Baking tin – size enough to fit in the kadai with lid
- Kadai / pan with lid and a stand as shown in the image
- Keep all the ingredients ready before you start.
- Sieve /sift the maida + sugar 3 times.
- Beat the curd + baking pwdr + baking soda well and keep aside for 10 mins for it to become frothy.
- Preheat the kadai on low flame for 10 mins .
- Grease and dust the baking tin.
After 10 mins add the oil + vanilla essence and blend it well .
Add flour to this mixture and mix well . [don’t blend]
Divide the batter in equal into 3 bowls.
In 1st bowl add orange colour, 2nd add green colour and 3rd let it be plain.
Now 3 colour batters are ready.
Take the greased tin pour a spoon full of green batter enough to spread in the centre. [tap it if you want ]
Now pour a spoon full of white batter in the centre of the green batter allow it spread.
Pour a spoon full of orange batter in the centre of the white batter and allow it to spread.
Now repeat the process white + green + white + orange + white + green + white + orange as shown in the video.
Now with a toothpick make lines from the centre to the edge of the tin .[ 6- 8 lines with equal lines in-between ]
Now start making lines from the edges to the centre in-between the earlier lines.
You will see a beautiful flower pattern. [ refer to the video below ]
Carefully place a stand in the centre of the kadai ,as the kadai will be hot.
****** No need to add water or anything .the kadai has to be empty.
Place the tin on the stand inside the kadai without touching the kadai.[ **** the tin should not touch any sides of the kadai ,there should be a gap betwween the kadai and tin on all sides ]
The stand acts as a separator betwween the kadai and the tin .
Cover it with a lid and bake for 35 – 40 mins till it is done / toothpick comes clean .
Check after 30 mins.Baking time depends on the size of the tin and quantity of batter.
OR bake it in preheated oven for 30 – 35 mins till it is done.
OR bake it in cooker without whistle and rubber with a stand in the centre. —
Refer here for cooker cake – Cooker cake — how to bake in a cooker .
Refer here for pan / handi cake – Baking cake without oven recipe
- I used a small tin ,the remaining batter I baked it in muffin cups .
- You can try the same recipe with 2 colours or more colours with different essence.
- Like here for green you can add pista essence and for orange you can add orange essence.
- You can make vanilla and chocolate by adding 2 tbsp choco pwdr.
- If the batter is very thick add few drops of milk.
- The cake tin should not touch the kadai while baking.
- For more recipes and tips on baking , frosting icing ,doll cake click on the names below : –
- All of the below cake recipes can be tried in cooker .Click on the names below, there are lot of tips for baking :-
- Baking cake without oven recipe
- Eggless moist banana chocolate cupcakes
- Eggless dark chocolate cake
- Eggless moist chocolate cake recipe
- EGGLESS SEMOLINA COCONUT CAKE RECIPE
- Eggless vanilla sponge cake recipe
- Eggless pineapple cake recipe
- Ganache cake recipe
- Eggless Blackforest cake recipe
- Multi flavoured zebra cake baked in cooker .
- Easy doll cake recipe
- 2 min mug cake
- Eggless chocolate cake
- Eggless banana chocolate cake
- Eggless tricolour zebra cake
- Eggless doughnut
- Chiffon cake
- Eggless coconut cake
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies