- Cooked rice – 2 cup [not overcooked ,should be grainy ]
- Small Garlic – 6 [ don’t take Chinese garlic ]
- Whole red chilli – 5 or as per taste
- Freshly grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Mustard seeds + jeera – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Roast the garlic and red chilli in few drops of oil one by one .Don’t burn the garlic.
Dry roast the coconut till golden brown .[no oil ]
Allow it to cool and grind all together to a coarse powder .Keep aside .
Heat oil in a pan ,add jeera + mustard seeds and allow it to crackle .
Add the curry leaves + the powder + salt and mix well.
Add the rice and mix well till the rice is completely coated with the masala.
Off the flame .
Serve with any side dish .
- I have used left over rice.
- Avoid taking it for tiffin as garlic as a strong smell.
- While tempering you can add onion / urad dal / chana dal.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Tomato rice
- Green peas pulav recipe
- Vegetable biryani
- Makhana gravy
- Paneer paratha recipe
- Val dal amti
- Eggless kalkal recipe
- Lychee orange cocktail
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.