GRILLED CHEESY SANDWICH
- Bread slices – 3
- Cheese slice – 2
- Green chutney as required
- Butter as required
- Chilli flakes as required
- Mixed herbs or oregano as required
- Sauce to serve
Make green chutney by grinding – 1 cup coriander leaves + ¼ cup mint leaves + green chilli + small piece of ginger and garlic + chaat masala + salt + sugar .For detailed recipe of green chutney refer here – Green chutney recipe
METHOD [on tawa /griddle – refer to the video below]
Apply butter on one side of each bread . [ apply well so that the bread doesn’t become soggy after applying the chutney ]
Apply chutney on 2 breads .
Place a cheese slice on one of the bread with chutney .
Sprinkle mixed herbs + chilli flakes as required .
Now place the plain bread without chutney .
Again keep one cheese slice and sprinkle herbs and oregano on top .
Now finally place the third bread with the chutney.
*** refer to video .
Heat a tawa on medium flame .
Apply butter on the top side of the sandwich .
Place the sandwich on the hot tava with the buttered side facing down.
Place a lid or plate on top and keep a heavy object on top.
Toast it on low medium heat . [ keep checking – don’t burn ]
Now apply butter on the top part , flip the sandwich and toast it on the other side also.
Grill until golden , crisp and cheese melts .
Once the sandwich is done , slice it and serve .
Serve hot with any sauces /chutneys /dips .
**** I don’t have a toaster so I use this method to toast /grill. You can use a toaster or grill it in oven .
- The extra slice of bread in the centre gives a feeler / taste of sandwich stuffed with potato.
- Instead of using 2 slices of cheese , u can use one – just tear 1 cheese slice into small bits and spread on both the slices .
- Also to reduce cheese , u can take a mixture of grated cheese + grated paneer .
- Adjust spices according to taste .
- U can make it plain without chutney also .
- You can use grated cheese of any quality instead of slices .
- Instead of chilli flakes ,u can use pepper pwdr .
- You can also sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves on top of the cheese.
- You can also add a layer of finely chopped veges like capsicum /onion /boiled corns etc.
- If you don’t want to use the lid and heavy object ,u can just use a steel spatula and press the sandwich hard while toasting.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips ,tricks , videos ,recipe ,amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies