HARA VATANA KI SABJI [ DRY PEAS ]
- Dry green peas – 1 cup
- Onion finely chopped – 1
- Tomato finely chopped – 1
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Chilli pwdr – 1 ½ tsp or as per taste
- Coriander pwdr – 2 tsp
- Garam masala pwdr – ¾ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
Soak the peas overnight. pressure cook it until soft .[ 3 or 4 whistles / don’t overcook ]
Heat oil in a pan ,add jeera and let it crackle .
Add chooped onion and fry till translucent or light brown.
Add tomatoes and fry till oil separates.
Add chilli pwdr + coriander pwdr + garama masala pwdr = turmeric and fry for few seconds.
Add the cooked peaas and mix well.
Add water + salt .[water as per the consistency ,you want .It thickens on cooling ]
Simmer for 1 or 2 min and off the flame.
Garnish with coriander leaves .
Ready to be served as side dish for Indian bread or rice .
- Adjust masalas as per your taste.
- Instead of garam masala you can try chana masala or ghoda masala.
- The gravy thickens on cooling.
- You can use theis gravy like usal or missal ,serve with sev + finely chopped onions + lemon .
- Goes well with pav.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Green peas masala
- Green peas pulav recipe
- Chana pulao
- Ragda pav
- Authentic misal pav recipe
- Garlic rice
- Rice cutlet recipe
- Microwave besan ladoo
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.