HARE CHANE KA NIMONA / KHEEMA
- Hara chana shelled – 1 cup
- Potato cubes – 1 medium [optional ]
- Oil + ghee – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Green chilli finely chopped – 1
- Jeera / cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Onion very finely chopped – 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato finely chopped – 2 medium
- Coriander pwdr – 2 tsp
- Red chilli pwdr – 1 tsp or as per taste .[ green chilli also added ]
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala pwdr / kitchen king masala – 1 tsp
- Kasoor methi pwdr – 1/4 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish – 1/2 cup or more
- Lemon wedges and onion slices to serve
- Shell the hara chana pods .TIP – Take few pods in hand and rub in circular motion until the pods and seed separate .
- Wash ,rinse and drain the excess water .
- Grind it into a coarse paste without water .
Heat oil + ghee in a pan ,add the potato cubes and fry till golden .
Drain and remove .
Add jeera and let it splutter .
Add onions + green chilli and fry till golden brown .
Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves .
Add tomatoes + salt and cook till oil separates ,
Add chilli pwdr + coriander pwdr + turmeric + garam masala pwdr , mix well and fry for few seconds.
Add the hara chana paste , mix well and stir fry for 2 mins on medium low flame till rawness goes .
Add 2 or 3 cup of water and give a stir.
*****Water gets absorbed fast so add more – and the dish has to be wet and not dry so add accordingly .
Cover half and cook on medium heat for 5 mins till it is cooked .[ Keep stirring in between as it sticks to the pan ]
Add the fried potatoes and mix well.
Sprinkle kasoori methi pwdr and mix well .
Cook for 2 – 3 minute .
If water is less in between you can add hot water .
Add the coriander leaves ,mix well and off the flame .
Serve hot with pav / khulcha / naan / bread accompanied with lemon wedges and onion slices.
While having do drizzle few drops of lemon juice .
Tastes nothing less than non veg kheema .
- The same recipe goes for fresh green peas .
- If you don’t have fresh green chana ,then use dried ones – soak it overnight and use .
- This dish is famous in UP – they use lot of mustard oil – you can see oil floating .
- You can prepare this dish in cooker also – upto – 1 whistle.
- If the dish thickens ,add hot water ,mix well ,adjust spices and cook .
- Leftover can be used as stuffing for paratha.
- Tastes more yum when prepared with green masala – grind ginger + garlic + green chilli + load of coriander leaves.
- We can make separate paste of onion and tomato also .
- Towards the end can add a dash of pav bhaji masala for more taste.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 50 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 130 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
- Paneer recipes – 20 + recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies