- Chickpeas / white Kabuli chana boiled – 1 cup
- White sesame / til – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 2
- Chilli pwdr – ¼ tsp [optional ]
- Olive oil – 3 or 4 tbsp [ be generous]
- Lemon juice – of 1lemon
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and soak the chickpeas overnight. Pressure cook it till soft and not mushy. Peel the outer covering .
- Roast the sesame on low flame for few minutes. [colour should not change ]
First grind the sesame into fine pwdr in a mixer .
Add to it the chick peas + garlic + chilli pwdr + olive oil into a fine paste .
Remove in a serving bowl.
Drizzle more olive oil + sprinkle little chilli powder + garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
You can serve with pita bread , salty biscuits, veges , as a spread on chapatti or bread , toasted garlic bread , chips , crackers , nachos , shawarma wraps , falafel etc etc .
- Roasted til grinded with olive oil is called tahini paste .
- I did not add water ,if you want sprinkle few drops while grinding.
- Removing the outer skin of the chick peas gives a smooth texture to the paste. It is ok if you don’t peel.
- It was tasty and tasted like our Indian dal chutney.
- I also added a pinch of red chilli pwdr while grinding but it is optional.
- For variation you can add mixed herbs or chilli flakes or pepper pwdr or roasted bell pepper or olives .
- For Indian touch you can sprinkle roasted jeera pwdr or you can grind coriander /mint leaves together.
for more recipes click on the names below : –
- Falafel recipe
- Pita bread
- Eggless blueberry muffin
- Homemade pizza recipe
- Microwave mug pizza
- Mediterranean salad recipe
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies