BREAD GULAB JAMUN RECIPE
- White Bread slices – 4 nos [ milk bread preferred]
- Thick Milk – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom pwdr – 1 pinch
- Few strands of saffron
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – ¾ cup
- Oil or ghee for deep fry OR equal quantity of each
- Cut the edges of the bread.
- Boil sugar + water till the sugar dissolves . Add cardamom pwdr. Boil the syrup , till the syrup becomes sticky .Add few strands of saffron and mix well.
Take the milk in a plate or wide bowl.
Dip each bread slice and squeeze off the excess milk and put it in the mixer jar.
Blend it for few seconds.
Remove the mixture in a plate and mix well.
Make a soft dough of it.Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
Divide it into equal portion.
Make small balls of it . [don’t press it to hard or the jamuns will also be hard]
Deep fry the balls in small batches till golden colour.[medium flame]
Keep stirring while frying ,so that it is evenly cooked and browned.
Immediately soak it in warm syrup.
Cover it and keep aside for 2 – 3 hrs.
Once it is soaked ,remove from the syrup and roll it in dessicated coconut or powder sugar and serve dry instead with syrup.
- The sugar syrup should not be very thick or absorbtion will take time.
- Prepare the syrup first.
- Bread jamuns take time for frying ,like regular ones they don’t brown fast.
- While blending the bread you can add 1 tbsp of khoya.
- While rolling the balls handle it softly instead of pressing it hard.[don’t apply much pressure]
- Instead of adding saffron to the syrup ,you can add very little of orange food colour.
- You can give a variation to the syrup by adding vanilla essence or rose essence.
- Milk bread is preferred ,as regular bread has little salty taste.
- You can make a mixture of finely chopped dry fruits and place it in the middle of the jamuns.
- Why not serve the jamuns with vanilla icecream.
- If the jamuns don’t absorb syrup , you can just microwave it for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
FOR MORE TIPS ,TRICKS,VIDEOS, RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.