INSTANT ONION CHUTNEY [ kerala style]
- Small pearl onions / shallots / sambar onion – 6
- Whole red chilli – 2 OR red chilli pwdr – ½ tsp OR green chilli – 2 [as per taste]
- Tamarind – a small piece [optional ]
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp or more
- Salt to taste
Peel the skin of the shallots.
If using whole red chilli ,then roast it .
Crush the shallots + chilli + tamarind + salt in a mortar pestle till the onion releases its juices and also the chilli is crushed well.[you can also pulse beat it in a mixer]
Add the coconut oil and mix well.[the oil becomes the sauce of the pickle]
Pickle is ready to serve .
Have it with plain rice or bhakris or tapioca
- If you don’t have shallots try regular onion.
- In kerala they add coconut oil ,you can try olive oil ,I have not tried .
- You can fry the onion also.
- After grinding you can temper it.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Onion chutney recipe
- Tomato mint chutney
- Pudhina rice
- Stuffed aloo cheese paratha
- Sweet potato puran poli
- Instant mango pickle
- Stuffed bhindi
- Roasted bell pepper salad
- Dahi bhindi
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.