- Maida – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Thick curd – ¾ cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Orange or yellow food colour – a pinch
- Baking pwdr – 1tsp [ optional ]
- Water to make the batter
- Oil or ghee for deep frying
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Water – 1 cup to make syrup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Elaichi pwdr – a pinch [optional]
- Take maida + corn flour + baking pwdr + ghee + food colour + curd in bowl. Mix well with clean hands so that no lumps are formed , add little water and make a thick dropping consistency batter.
- *** if the batter is too thick ,the jalebis will be thick [not crispy ] and texture wise it will turn soft.If the batter is watery ,the jalebis will become flat .
- Ferment it for min 6 hrs to 12 hrs or overnight in a warm place . [u can also try without fermentation instantly ]
- After 12 hrs again mix the batter well and use .
Take sugar + water in a pan and cook for 10 – 12 minutes on medium flame. The syrup should be of single string consistency. Add lemon juice and mix well to stop crystallization. Add the elaichi pwdr and mix well. The syrup should not be very thick.
Pour the batter in a jalebi maker bottle or sauce bottle or zip lock pouch with a hole or piping bag or cloth with small hole.
Heat enough oil in a flat pan on medium flame .[ if you take less oil ,the jalebis will stick at the bottom and get burnt ,so take enough oil ]
[test – first by piping a small piece ,once done taste and chk whether the texture is ok if not adjust the batter consistency ]
Now pipe in the batter in a circular manner with 3 or 4 layers .
Fry on both sides till it is crisp on medium low flame . [don’t brown it ]
Remove and immediately place it in the sugar syrup.
Allow it to rest for 1 or 2 mins in the syrup, again flip and soak for 1 min on the other side . [ dont soak for long time ]
Drain the excess syrup .
Garnish with saffron and finely chopped nuts and serve it.
- You can try this recipe without fermentation also . I have not tried.
- If the batter becomes thin adjust by adding maida and corn flour .And if it is thick adjust by adding little watery .
- You can add saffron / rose essence to the syrup.
- Fry till crisp.
- You can serve jalebis with vanilla ice cream , rabri or fresh cream ,hotmilk .
- You can add colour to the syrup also.
- Why not use rice flour instead of cornflour.
- If the batter is thin you can adjust with corn flour ..
- Some even replace cornflour with besan.
- While frying you can take half oil and half ghee.
- Oil has to be medium hot while frying.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Moong dal kheer recipe
- Instant sevai kheer recipe
- Rice kheer recipe
- Sweet vermecelli recipe
- Sweet pongal recipe
- HONEY NOODLES / DARSAAN RECIPE
- Jackfruit kesari recipe
- Rava kesari recipe
- Jackfruit steam cake
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 50 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 130 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
- Paneer recipes – 20 + recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies