KERALA BANANA CHIPS
- Raw kerala banana [nendran banana ] – 2
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric pwdr – generous pinch [ optional ]
- Banana slicer
- Make a mixture of salt + turmeric + ¼ cup water .
- Slit the banana skin with a knife and peel it .
Heat oil in a frying pan .
Once the oil becomes hot start slicing the banana either directly in the pan or in a plate and later put it in the pan to fry . [ slice it very very thin ]
Fry by turning it.
Once it becomes crisp, sprinkle 1 tsp of the salt mixture all over the chips in the oil .
Fry till the frying sound [sshhsshhsshh] stops completely .[don’t burn it ]
Remove on an absorbent paper ,
Once it cools ,store it in a air tight container .
- Turmeric is optional as kerala banana is already yellow in colour.
- In Kerala they fry it in coconut oil .
- Be careful while sprinkling the salt water.
- I could not peel the skin properly ,so didn’t get round shape of the chips.
- This recipe I got from the road side Hot chips shop.
- U hav to slice the banana very thinly .
- If the chips become soggy ,microwave it for 1 min .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Sweet banana fritters
- Banana gulgula
- Raw banana fritters recipe
- Eggless banana chocolate cake
- Spinach fritters
- Palak pakora
- Pav pakora recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.