TRADITIONAL KESAR KULFI
- Milk – 1 litre
- Cardamom pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 2 or 3 tbsp or as per taste [ add accordingly as we are adding condensed milk also ]
- Grounded almonds – 3 tbsp [coarse texture ]
- Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
- Saffron – ½ tsp
Take milk in a broad thick bottom pan.
Heat it on medium flame.
Once it starts boiling , reduce the flame.
A layer of cream will form on the top, take a spatula and move this layer towards the sides of the pan. Again allow the layer to form.
Each time the layer forms , keep moving this layer to the sides .
Keep stirring the milk in a gap of 4 to 5 mins to avoid burning of milk at the bottom and also to allow the layer to form.
You will also see milk thickening on the sides of the pan , keep scraping it and mix it with the milk.
When the milk reduces to half , add sugar + cardamom pwdr and mix well.
Again simmer the milk for 5 minutes , repeat the process of shifting the layers to the sides.
Simmer it till the milk reduces to little more than ½ , till the mixture becomes thick but of flowing consistency . [ not very thick ]
Off the flame .
**** IMP – if there is lot of creamy bits [malai pieces ] just blend it once for smooth texture .
Mix in the grounded almonds + saffron soaked in 2 tbsp milk + condensed milk and mix well.
Allow the mixture to cool. [ atleast keep it for 1 hour or 2 hrs to cool so that ice is not formed ]
Take kulfi mould , or any small bowl or popsicle mould or earthern matkis or disposable cups or paper cups.
Grease it a bit with odourless oil . [optional ]
Pour in the mixture cover it .
Freeze it till it becomes firm.
Remove from the freezer , dip it in water or hold under running tap for few seconds to unmould swiftly .
Unmould the kulfis , garnish with chopped pista and serve.
- You can also make paste of almonds and add.
- Traditional kulfi is made from rabri – no cornstarch , no cream, no milkmaid etc.
- Same kulfi can be used to make kulfi falooda.
- You can also add kesar essence + yellow food colour ,if you don’t have saffron.
- I greased the moulds with odourless oil .
- You can add corn flour or khoya also.
- Same recipe for pista kulfi recipe ,just add grounded pista .
- You can make any flavour kulfi with same recipe . Sometimes you can add colour and essence.
- Sometimes add the pulp or puree of any fruits like mango kulfi etc.
For more recipes click on the names below :-
- Pista kulfi recipe
- Malpua with rabri recipe
- Jalebi recipe
- Shahi tukda recipe
- Shahi idli
- Mango rabri recipe
- Rabri recipe
- Rice kheer recipe
- Sweet pongal recipe
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies