AUTHENTIC RAVA KESARI RECIPE
- Semolina / rava – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Melted ghee – ¼ cup or ½ cup
- Water – 3 ½ cup
- Cashew nut
- Raisins [ optional ]
- Cardamom pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Kesar essence – 2 drops or cardamom pwdr – 1/4 tsp
- Saffron strands soaked in milk for garnish [optional ]
- Kesari food colour – as per what shade you want ,dark or light [optional]
- Roast the cashews and raisins in 2 tsp ghee and keep aside for garnish.
- Roast the rava in 1 tbsp ghee on low flame till you get a nice aroma. The colour should not change. Transfer it in a bowl.
Boil the water in a pan.
Once it starts boiling, add the rava little by little by continuously stirring it on medium flame. [ be careful so that lumps don’t form]
Cook for 1 minute by continuously stirring .
Add the sugar and mix well by stirring.
It will start bubbling ,keep stirring.
Add colour + kesar essence or cardamom pwdr and mix well.
Add ghee and mix well.
Keep stirring ,the kesari will start losing the sides of the pan.
Garnish with roasted cashew and raisins and mix well.
Off the flame.
Serve hot or warm.
- You can spread the kesari on a greased plate and cut it into diamond shape OR use and moulds .
- To check whether the kesari is done, at the end touch the kesari and see, if it is non sticky it means it is done .If not then cook for more time.
- The proportion of rava and water is 1 : 3 ½
- No compromise on sugar and ghee ,infact you can add more ghee,
- Use ghee of good quality.
- Add sugar after the rava is cooked or the rava will not cook properly.
- Cook on low medium flame.
- You can refrigerate and eat it for 2 days.
- You can just reheat it in microwave or reheat on stove by adding little ghee.
- Colour is optional
- I did not add raisins
- You can also make with pineapple / mango/ jackfruit etc
- Instead of fruits you can add essence.
- If the fruit is very sweet adjust sugar accordingly
- Dissolve the colour in water before adding.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Vermicelli kesari
- Jackfruit kesari recipe
- Kesari recipe
- Pineapple kesari recipe
- Rava kheer
- What to cook for breakfast ?
- Basundi recipe
- Custard powder halwa
- Dudhi ka halwa
- Shahi tukda recipe
- Phirni recipe
- Jalebi recipe
FOR MORE TIPS ,TRICKS,VIDEOS, RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.