HOW TO MAKE PANEER AT HOME
- Full cream Milk – 1 litre
- ¼ cup Curd or 2 tbsp vinegar or 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice [ anyone]
- Muslin cloth to strain
Boil the milk , once it starts boiling add the curd or vinegar or lemon juice.
Allow it to curdle , keep stirring.
Let it curdle completely.
Immediately strain it through a strainer and pour cold water over it to remove the sourness.
Squeeze the excess water .
Place it in a muslin cloth , squeeze well and tie a knot
Hang it for 30 minutes to drain the excess water.
Again squeeze it well ,flatten it and place a heavy object on it for 3 hours.
Open the muslin cloth and cut into cubes and use it or store it in fridge.
- For soft malai paneer you can add ¼ cup of fresh cream to the milk and boil it.
- You can add spices , masalas , herbs while making paneer making – before placing it under heavy object you can mix finely chopped coriander leaves or chilli flakes or roasted jeera pwdr or grounded black pepper or mint leaves or kasoori methi or even finely chopped colourful bell peppers etc of your choice.
- The left over whey or paneer water can be used for kneading dough ,making juices ,in gravies, cooking rice or pasta, making soup, pour it into plant pots.
- 1 litre milk will give around 150 – 200 gms paneer depending on the quality of milk.
- If you don’t squeeze the excess water well ,then the paneer will crumble.
- To soften hard paneer ,place it in warm water for sometime.
- Home made paneer is best for paneer bhurji.
- Once the milk boils do not over boil the milk or the paneer will harden.
One more interesting recipe for making paneer at home by Tamanna
Boil 1/2 ltr milk and 1tbsp vinegar. once it curdles ,remove and strain .Keep aside in the strainer or muslin cloth for 15 mins for excess water to drain off .
Knead the paneer like dough.[ here we can add 1 tbsp of maida to absorb the excess moisture – optional ]
Give a rectangle /square shape .Wrap it in a kitchen towel , then steam it in a double boil method for 10 mins .
For paneer recipes click on the names below
- Paneer stir fry recipe
- Matar paneer recipe
- Shahi paneer recipe
- RESTAURANT STYLE BUTTER PANEER RECIPE
- Paneer makhani recipe
- PANEER KOFTA GRAVY
- Paneer bhurji recipe
- Palak paneer recipe
- Palak paneer kofta
- Paneer cheese bread rolls
- Paneer sandwich
- Methi malai paneer
- Kadai paneer
- Sooji paneer nuggets recipe
- Paneer paratha recipe
- Paneer tikka masala
- Paneer tikka recipe
- Paneer gravy
- Paneer masala sandwich
- Paneer in hunan sauce
- Bread calzone
- Cooking tips
- What to cook for breakfast ?
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 50 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 130 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies