- Cooked rice – 2 cup [ Left over rice will also do ]
- Raw mango – 1 or grated mango – 1 cup
- Oil + ghee – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Chana dal – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Red chilli – 2 or 3 broken
- Grated ginger – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice for 20 mins and cook till fully done .Grains should be separated .[ salt to be added ]
- Peel the mango and grate it .
Heat oil in a pan .
Add mustard ,let it crackle .
Add chana dal + urad dal and fry till light brown on medium flame .
Add red chilli + curry leaves + grated ginger and fry for few seconds.
Add turmeric pwdr + asafoetida .
Add grated mango immediately ,mix and stir fry for 2 mins.
Adjust salt and mix well.
Add the rice and mix well well.
Cook for 1- 2 mins on low flame and off the flame .
Serve with any side dish / papad .
I had it with dry coconut chutney powder .
- You can also add green chilli.
- You can finally garnish with grated coconut .
- You can also add cashew or groundnuts.
- You can use any rice,I have used basmati.
- It is very similar to lemon rice.
- Adjust quantity of mango as per the sourness of the mango.
- I also added ½ tsp sugar to get a khatta , meetha and teekha taste.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.