METHI MALAI PANEER
- Paneer diced– 300 to 400 gms
- Onion – 1 big
- Tomato – 2
- Methi leaves finely chopped – 2 cup
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Oil + ghee – 2 tbsp
- Few whole garam masala – sai jeera ,clove ,cardamom cinnamom,bayleaves
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chilli pwdr – 2 tsp or as per paste
- Coriander pwdr – 3 tsp
- Garam masala pwdr – 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi pwdr – 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
Make a fine paste of ginger garlic + onion + tomato .
Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add whole garam masala and let it splutter .[don’t burn it ]
Add the onion tomato ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves and oil separates .
Add chilli pwdr + coriander pwdr + garam masala pwdr + turmeric pwdr and fry.
Add methi leaves and fry for few seconds till it shrinks..
Add ½ or 1 cup water + salt .Allow it to boil .
[ Adjust water as per your consistency ]
Add panner and mix well.
Add fresh cream and mix well.
Simmer on low flame for 1 or 2 minute .
Sprinkle kasoori methi pwdr and mix.
Off the flame.
Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Ready to serve with breads or rice variety.
I served it with moong dal khichdi .
- Add water according to the consistency you want. For serving with bread items let be thick or if with rice little thin .[not watery ] .The gravy actually has to be thick.
- For rich colour I grinded few Kashmiri chilli soaked in hot water together with onion paste.Kashmiri chilli are not hot,they add colour.
- If not using Kashmiri chilli ,add a pinch of colour.
- I used malai paneer which are very soft,so did not fry.
- You can fry the paneer pieces ,but I don’t like frying paneer for gravy.
- Add masalas as per your taste.
- You can also add whisked curd.
- You can also add ½ tsp of sugar ,I didn’t as I added little extra ketchup .
- Kasoori methi enhances the flavour more ,so pls add it.
- Y not add few roasted makhana .fried mushroom ,green peas .
- Y not add butter for richness.
- Don’t add cashew .
- Same recipe goesfor malai methi chicken /murg.
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.