- Methi leaves – 1 medium bunch
- Potato – 1 big [small cubes ]
- Onion chopped – 1
- Tomato chopped – 1
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Red chilli pwdr – 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Coriander pwdr – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp [optional ]
- Freshly grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
Pluck the leaves from the stalk ,clean , wash and soak in water for some time to loosen the soil particles . Again wash ,rinse and drain the excess water . Keep it in a colander /strainer for excess water to drain off .
Heat oil in a pan , add jeera and let it crackle .
Add onions and fry ill translucent .
Add tomatoes + salt and fry till oil separates and tomatoes become soft .
Add chilli pwdr + turmeric + coriander pwdr and stir fry .
Add potatoes and mix well .
Sprinkle little water ,cover and cook till half done – stir inbetween .
Add the methi leaves and mix well .
Stir and cook till the leaves shrink completely and are cooked .
Add the grated coconut + sugar and mix well .
Off the flame .
Serve as a side dish .
- To enhance the flavour ,u can add kasoori methi pwdr .
- U can add cooked potatoes .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips ,tricks , videos ,recipe ,amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies