MIXED SPROUTS CURRY
- Mixed sprouts – 1 cup
- Freshly grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Onion chopped – 1 small
- Tomato chopped – 1 small
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli pwdr – 1 ½ tsp or as per taste
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Coriander pwdr – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Jaggery – a small piece
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
How to sprout the lentils –
Clean , wash and soak the val dal over night .Next day drain out the water and tie the soaked lentis in a muslin cloth .[or use a sprout maker ] Keep it in a warm place for 6 – 8 hrs.
PREPARATION – Roast [no oil] the ingredients as shown in the video.
Dry roast the coconut in a kadai or pan till golden brown in colour. Add onion and roast for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and roast for 2 mins. Add ginger garlic paste and roast for 1 min. Add chilli pwdr + turmeric + coriander pwdr + garam masala pwdr + tamarind + jaggery and roast for a min . [all ingredients one by one ]
Grind it into a fine paste by adding little water.
Heat oil in a cooker , add jeera + curry leaves + asafoetida and allow it to splutter.
Add the grounded paste and stir fry for 2 mins.
Adjust salt and add the sprouts and mix well.
Add water as per the consistency you want .
Pressure cook for 2 whistles or till the sprouts are cooked and become soft .[don’t overcook till mushy ]
Remove it in a serving bowl and garnish wih coriander leaves.
Serve with phulkas or rice .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips ,tricks , videos ,recipe ,amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies