MUTTON NAWABI KORMA / MUTTON REZALA
- Mutton with bones – 750 grams
- Fresh curd – 1 or 1 ½ cup [not sour ]
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 big
- Green chilli – 4 or 5 or as per taste
- Oil + ghee – 2 tbsp
- Few whole garam masala – pepper ,bay leaves ,clove, cardamom, jeera, cinnamom, staranise
- Garam masala pwdr – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kewra water – few drops [ must ]
- Chop ,clean wash and rinse the mutton pieces .
- Soak the mutton in water for 5 – 10 minutes to remove the blood in it.[ this helps in removing the raw smell from meat ]
- Rinse and drain off the excess water by squeezing .
- Add the curd and mix well , marinate it for minimum 1 hr or even overnight will do .
- Make a fine paste of onion + ginger garlic paste + green chilli .
Heat oil + ghee in a cooker , add the whole garam masala and let it splutter .[ it should not burn ]
Add the onion paste and fry till raw smell leaves .
Add garam masala pwdr and fry.
Add the marinated mutton and mix well .
Stir fry for a minute .
Adjust salt .
Add ½ or 1 cup of water .[ optional ]
Close the pressure cooker and cook on medium flame upto 1 whistle .
After the first whistle lower the flame to lowest .
Now cook for 15 to 20 minutes till the meat becomes tender.
Open the cooker after the pressure is released naturally.
Open and add the kewra water .
Garnish with fried onions.
Serve hot with pav ,soft naan,biryani ,pulao
*** This recipe was shared by my friend Moushumi Mukherjee
- For more flavour ,use fried onions to make the paste
- U can add few strands of saffron soaked in little milk.
- More the marination better the taste.
- The gravy will be thin with oil floating on top.
- Instead of green chilli you can add pepper pwdr and ur kalimiri gosht is ready
- U can garnish with blanched badam slivers or fried cashew .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Mutton boti kebab
- Yakhni mutton pulao recipe
- Hyderabadi dum biryani
- Mutton cutlet recipe
- Mutton rogan josh recipe
- Mutton gravy southindian style
- Mutton roast recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies