OATS CHOCO COOKIES
- Oats – ¾ cup
- Wheat flour – ¼ cup
- Sugar / brown sugar [ demerara sugar ] – 1/3 cup
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Boiled Milk – ½ or 1 tbsp as required for kneading
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Choco chips / raisins / cranberries – ¼ cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Baking soda – a pinch [ 1/8 tsp ]
- Powder the sugar .
- Powder the oats .
- Melt the butter .
- Coat the choco chips with little flour as mine got melted while mixing.
- Preheat the oven at 180 * C for 10 mins.
Mix oats powder + wheat flour + baking soda + salt. [sieve it twice for even mixing]
In a mixing bowl take melted butter + sugar + vanilla essence and whisk well.
Add the oats mixture into the butter mixture and mix well.
Add milk little by little as required to knead.
Knead it into a sticky dough.
Add the choco chips and gently mix it or top it on the top while baking .
Refrigerate the dough for 5 – 10 mins.[ Till then preheat ur oven ]
Divide the dough into equal portions .[depending on the size you want ]
Make small balls and flatten it with your palms . [ thin cookies will be crispy and thick ones will be chewy ]
Arrange the cookies on baking tray .
Pop it in the preheated hot oven and bake for 18 – 22 mins @ 180*C.
Check after 15 mins .It should be golden brown.Check the bottom of the cookies also .
If done allow it to cool for sometimes , as it will be soft when hot .
It becomes crunchy on cooling .
Store it in an airtight container .
- You can use the oats direcly without powdering .
- If the dough becomes loose then add little wheat flour / if it becomes dry add few drops of milk .
- Baking time depends on the thickness of the cookies .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Nankhatai recipe
- Bakery Nankhatai Recipe
- Kadai nankhatai
- Eggless rose cookies recipe
- Eggless coconut cookies
- Eggless coconut macaroons
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies