- Onion – 2 big
- Red chilli – 4 or as per taste
- Oil – ½ or 1 tbsp + 2 tsp for tempering
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard seeds + urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
Heat ½ tbsp in apan , add the red chilli and fry .
Remove and keep aside .
Add the onions and fry till light brown .
Add the tamarind and fry for 2 – 3 seconds.
Allow all the fried ingredients to cool.
Grind the fried ingredients + salt + 1 tbsp water into a paste.
Remove it in a bowl.
Heat a small pan , add 2 tsp oil and add mustard seeds + urad dal + curry leaves.
Once it crackles add it over chutney.
Serve it with idli ,dosa or even chappati
- Instead of regular onions use shallots / sambar onion / pearl onion for more flavour.
- You can also add garlic or tomato or mint leaves or coriander leaves or coconut .
- You can add more water while grinding.
For more recipes click on the names below :-
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies