PANEER GRAVY [ with roasted onion and tomato]
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Onion – 1 big
- Tomato – 2
- Capsicum – ½ [cubed ]
- Oil + ghee / butter – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli pwdr – 1 ½ tsp or as per taste
- Coriander pwdr – 2 tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala pwdr – 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Cashew paste – 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 1 ½ tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Peel the onion and roast it over direct flame as shown in the pic.
- Roast the tomatoes over the direct flame till it gets charred here and there .Peel the tomato
- Remove the charred part after roasting the onion and tomatoes
- Make a fine paste of roasted onion + tomatoes. [while roasting you can apply little oil over the tomato, onion and capsicum]
- Soak 8 cashews and make fine paste .
Heat oil in pan add the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves .
Add the onion + tomato paste and fry till oil separates.
Add chilli pwdr + coriander powder + turmeric + garam masala pwdr and fry for few seconds.
Add 1 cup of water + cashew paste + tomato ketchup + salt and mix well.
Allow it to boil once it starts boiling, lower the flame and add the paneer pieces and mix well.
Simmer for 1 or 2 mins.
Sprinkle kasoori methi pwdr.
Add fresh cream ,mix and off the flame
Finally garnish by adding roasted capsicum pieces and coriander leaves .
Ready to serve with any rice variety or Indian bread.
- Instead of roasting you can fry the onion and tomato and make paste .
- Just to give a variation I have roasted the onion and tomatoes.
- Quantity of water depends on the consistency of gravy you want .The gravy has to be thick ,not watery as u have in restaurants.
- I have used kasoori methi pwdr ,if using leaves use 1 tbsp.
- In hotels they add orange food colour.
- You can also add ½ tsp sugar .
- You can fry the paneer before adding,but i like to add it plain .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- How to make paneer at home
- Kadai paneer
- Palak paneer kofta
- Paneer paratha recipe
- Paneer stir fry recipe
- Spicy Chettinad mushroom masala
- Mushroom masala
- Mushroom manchurian
- Cream of mushroom soup recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.