- Paneer square cubes – 400gms.
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Red chilli pwdr – 1 1/2 tsp
- salt as per taste
- Tandoori colour – 1/2 tsp optional .
- Thick Curd – 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Jeera pwdr – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Kasoori methi pwdr – 1 tsp.
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Capsicum diced – 1 cup(different colours ).
- Onion diced – 1 cup.
- Oil to fry.
- Small wooden skewers or tooth picks.
Make a marinade of curd,chilli pwdr,garam masala pwdr,Jeera pwd, turmeric pwdr,kasoori methi pwdr, ginger garlic paste,salt (tandoori colour optional.)
Coat the paneer,capsicum and onions with the marinade with clean hands.
Marinate by refrigerating for min 2 hrs or more.You can also marinate it overnight.
Soak the wooden skewers in water for 10 mins.
Skewer the paneer + capsicum + onion in a order .
Take a non stick pan add little oil .
Place the skewers with marinated paneer and fry it.
Cook each side by turning until all sides are light brown.
This will take approx 3 – 4 minutes.
Crispy paneer tikka dry is ready….Once done sprinkle chaat masala and lemon juice.
Serve hot with green chutney.
- This paneer tikka can be used to make paneer tikka masala or butter masala.
- ****It’s difficult to skewer and fry as the paneer is very soft it breaks. So fry first them first ,then skewer it in a order of onion – capsicum – paneer..
- If u want to skewer and fry first then make the wooden stick little wet.
If u don’t have skewers u can use tooth prick.
- If it sticks then u can little besan/cornflour to the marinade..
- Use thick curd or hung curd .
- You can use veges of your choice like tomatoes, baby corn , mushroom etc.
- You can also bake it in oven.
- Fried ones have a better texture than baked ones.Baked ones are dry .
- For getting the smoky/ burnt flavor or taste place it over gas-flame for few seconds OR use the charcoal technique – refer to http://maryzkitchen.com/chicken-tikka-with-smoky-flavour/
for more recipes click on the names below : –
- How to make paneer at home
- Paneer nuggets recipe
- Paneer paratha recipe
- Paneer stir fry recipe
- Matar paneer recipe
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
FOR MORE TIPS ,TRICKS,VIDEOS, RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE