PHODNICHA BHAAT RECIPE / TEMPERED RICE
- Cooked rice or left over rice – 2 cup
- Oil + ghee – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seed + jeera – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Onion finely chopped – 1
- Green chilli – 1
- Red chilli pwdr – ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Coriander pwdr – 1 tsp optional
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ¼ tsp optional
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Heat oil + ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds + jeera and let them crackle.
Add onion + green chilli + curry leaves and fry till onions turn translucent [ not brown]
Add chilli pwdr + turmeric pwdr + garam masala pwdr + coriander pwdr + salt + sugar and mix well .
Add the cooked rice and mix well till the rice gets coated with the masalas .
Cook for 1 minute and off the flame.
Drizzle the lemon juice and mix well.
- You can add roasted peanuts or cashew.
- Instead of above masala you can use sambar masala or goda masala or ready made biryani masala pwdr.
- You can make a plain recipe by just adding onion + tomato + turmeric and green chilli + coriander leaves.
- You can add any veges.I had green peas so I added it.
For more recipe click on the names below
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies