PRAWNS IN GREEN MASALA
- Medium size prawns – 20 nos
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli pwdr – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Mint leaves – ½ cup
- Ginger – a small piece [ 1 inch ]
- Garlic – 6
- Green chilli – 3 or as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Garam masala pwdr – ½ tsp
- Coriander pwdr – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice as required
- Clean the prawns by removing the head, shell and vein. Wash it well.
- Marinate it with chilli pwdr and turmeric pwdr and keep aside for min 20 mins.
- Make a fine paste of ginger + garlic + green chilli + coriander leaves + mint leaves.[you can add 1 tbsp of water if required ]
Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add the marinated prawns.
Stir and cook till it sweats completely and complete water is evaporated on medium flame.[ 5 mins ]
Remove and keep aside .
Heat 1 tbsp oil in another pan, add the green masala paste .
Stir fry till oil separates and raw smell leaves .
Add garam masala pwdr + coriander pwdr + salt and fry for few seconds.
Add the half cooked prawns and mix well.
Stir and cook for 4 -5 minutes till the prawns are completely cooked and coated with the green masala.
Off the flame .
Drizzle few drops of lemon .
Transfer to serving dish and serve as a side dish.
- You can also fry 1 sliced onion before adding the green paste.
- Adjust masalas as per taste .
- Don’t reduce oil .
- Don’t overcook else it will become rubbery.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Prawns curry recipe
- Tangy prawns curry
- Spicy prawns roast [ kerala style ]
- Salt and pepper prawns
- Instant prawns fry recipe
- Crispy prawns in tikka masala.
- Prawns biryani recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.