MINT RICE / PUDHINA RICE
- Cooked rice – 2 cup
- Mint leaves – 2 cup tightly packed
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp [ optional ]
- Jeera -1 tsp
- Whole garam masala few
- Green chilli – 2 or as per taste
- Fried Cashew – few broken for garnish
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ghee + oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Soak rice for 20 mins. Cook with salt .Grains should be separated .
- Clean, wash , rinse and pat dry the mint leaves. Chop it. Heat 1 tsp oil, add the chopped mint leaves and fry for 1 or 2 min till it shrinks. Grind the fried mint leaves + green chilli into paste. Drizzle little water while grinding if it is required.
Heat ghee in a pan .
Add jeera + whole garam masala and let it splutter.
Add onion and fry till translucent.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves .
Add the mint paste and fry till oil separates .
Adjust salt and mix well.
Add rice and mix well.
Garnish with fried cashew.
Serve with any side dish or raita
- You can grind the mint leaves without frying also.
- It tastes just like pulav or biryani.
- We can try the same recipe with coriander leaves or we can take coriander + mint leaves
- You can add cooked green peas or other veges or paneer also.
- You can also use leftover rice.
FOR MORE RECIPES CLICK ON THE NAMES BELOW :-
- Coriander rice
- Tomato rice
- Curry leaves rice
- Curd rice recipe
- Tamarind rice recipe
- Lemon rice recipe
- Green peas pulav recipe
- Tava pulav recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies