- Tuvar dal – ½ cup
- Yellow pumpkin – 3 cup [ small cubes ]
- Onion finely chopped – 1
- Tomato finely chopped – 1
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds + jeera – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Red chilli pwdr – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Sambar pwdr – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Clean, wash, rinse and pressure cook the dal + turmeric + salt till soft .
Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds + jeera and let it crackle.
Add onion + curry leaves, fry till light brown.
Add tomatoes , cook till soft and oil separates .
Add chilli pwdr + turmeric pwdr + sambar masala pwdr + salt .
Add the pumpkin and stir fry for a minute.
Add required water to cook the pumpkin till soft .
Cover and cook.
Once done add the cooked dal and mix well.
Add water as per the consistency you want .[dal thickens on cooling ]
Simmer on low flame for a minute .
Garnish with coriander leaves and off the flame.
Serve with rice and side dish.
VARIATION – You can add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste and instead of sambar masala add garam masala pwdr .
- U can try the same recipe by adding fried brinjal or ladies finger etc
- U can also temper it in the nd with ghee + garlic .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies