SOOJI / RAVA TOAST
- Sooji / fine rawa / semolina – ½ cup
- Curd – 6 or 7 tbsp
- Finely chopped onion – ½
- Finely chopped capsicum – ½
- Finely chopped deseeded tomato – ½
- Grated carrot – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli or pepper pwdr or chilli pwdr – as per taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Grated cheese – 2 cubes [ optional ]
- Salt as per taste
- Oil /ghee / butter – as required for frying
- Bread – 6 slice
- Tomato sauce + green chutney to serve
Take the curd + rawa in a bowl and mix well . [batter should not be very or very thin , should be easy to spread on the bread – also should not make the bread soggy .
If you have time ,you can keep aside for 30 mins or continue .
Add all the other ingredients except oil , bread and cheese .
Mix well into a thick batter .
Spread a thick layer of this mixture on top of the bread on one side.
Heat few tsp of oil / ghee /butter on a tava.
Place the bread on the tava with the batter side facing the tava.
Fry on medium low flame for few minutes till golden and crisp. [keep checking so that it doesn’t burn ]
Once done, flip on the other side and fry till the bread gets toasted.
Immediately after flipping spread the grated cheese on the cooked rawa side so that it melts.[optional ]
Serve hot with tomato sauce + green chutney .
Taste was nothing less than a pizza.
- You can also add corn ,mushroom cooked green peas,paneer , coloured capsicum etc any topping of your choice.
- Deseed [ remove the pulpy portion ] of the tomato before chopping.
- Adding cheeses is optional.
- You can even add cheese in the batter.
- Adjust veges as per your taste.
- Non vegetarians can add cooked and shredded chicken or small pieces of chicken tikka .
- You can also add grated ginger for more flavour.
- If the batter is thick sprinkle few drops of water.
- Why not sprinkle chilli flakes + oregano.
- Tastes better when hot and crispy .
For more recipes click on the names below : –
- Instant bread gulab jamun recipe
- Bread caramel pudding recipe
- Dominos stuffed garlic bread recipe
- Bread pocket recipe
- Bread besan toast
- BREAD PIZZA RECIPE
- Palak bread kebabs
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies