RAW JACKFRUIT BURJI
- Tender jackfruit – 250 gms
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion finely chopped – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Soft Tomato finely chopped – 1
- Green chilli chopped – 1
- Curry leaves -few
- Chilli pwdr – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Coriander pwdr – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- pav bhaji masala – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to drizzle [optional ]
- Chaat masala [optional ]
- Finely chopped coriander
Be careful while handling the jackfruit as it secretes milky sticky latex- it also stains . Prevent direct touch of it from clothes and floor or anything you use while handling it .Before you start cleaning and chopping the jackfruit , spread few newspaper .Grease your hands and knife with oil .You can use gloves greased with oil . Chop it into 4 pieces and discard the thorny green skin and also discard the centre thick part [stalk ]. Wash it well and chop into small pieces .Cook it till soft with little salt and turmeric in open pot for 12 – 15 mins or in cooker for 1 – 2 whistles. [depending on the size – as it is tender ,it cooks fast – don’t overcook it ] Once done ,shred it or chop it finely .
Heat oil in a pan ,add the onions + curry leaves and fry till translucent.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves.
Add tomatoes and fry till soft and oil separates.
Add chilli pwdr + coriander pwdr + turmeric + garam masala pwdr + salt + pav bhaji masala , mix well and fry for sometime.
Add the shredded jackfruit and mix well.
Drizzle little water and mix well.
Cook on low flame for a minute and off the flame.
Garnish with coriander leaves .
Serve hot .
Sprinkle little chaat masala while serving .
- It tastes nothing less than any non veg .
- You can use shredded jackfruit and prepare other recipes like cutlets / vadas / stir fry etc.
- Discard the seeds if any – as it will take time to cook .
- After chopping immediately put in water else the colour changes .
- You can pulse beat the cooked jack fruit to get finely shredded .
- I got it chopped from the shop ,so there was no mess while cleaning it .
- Pav bhaji masala enhances the flavour of any burjis.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Jackfruit steam cake
- Jackfruit kesari recipe
- Jackfruit seed stir fry recipe
- What to cook for breakfast ?
- Cooking tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies