MAMBAZHA PULISSERY RECIPE
- Ripe mango – 1 big or 2 small
- Thick curd – 1 cup
- Freshly grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Green chilli – 2 chopped or as per taste
- Jeera – ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli pwdr – ½ tsp
- Oil /coconut oil – ½ tbsp.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
- Whole red chilli – 1
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Peel and chop the mango. Boil the mangoes with 1 cup water + little turmeric + chilli pwdr + salt .Cook till the mangoes become soft .[ not mushy ,don’t overcook]
- Make a fine paste of coconut + jeera + green chilli + turmeric.
- Blend or whisk the curd to remove the lumps without adding water.
Add the coconut paste + ¼ cup water to the cooked mangoes and cook it for 2 minutes.
Lower the flame.
Add the whisked curd little by little .
Keep stirring to avoid cuddling.
Mix well till the mangoes get coated well with the curd.[ no need of boiling]
Off the flame.
Take another pan and heat oil .
Add mustard seeds + fenugreek seeds +curry leaves +red chilli.
Let it splutter add the cooked mango mixture into it and mix well.
Off the flame.
Serve with hot rice.
- You can roast the methi seeds and grind it with the coconut instead of adding it while tempering.
- Instead of adding coconut and curd separately,blend both together and add
- The same gravy can be made with pineapple ,pumpkin,sambar cucumber.
- Adjust the cocnsistency by adding less or more water. The gravy should be of medium thickness.
- Mangoes should be ripen.
- The curd should be little sour.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Mango rice
- Mango mastani
- Mango phirni
- Mango popsicle recipe
- Mango rabri recipe
- Mango shrikhand recipe
- Mango ice-cream recipe
- Mango milkshake recipe
FOR MORE TIPS ,TRICKS,VIDEOS, RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.