SHAHI IDLI / IDLI KA MEETHA
- Idlis – 4
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Cardamom pwdr – a pinch OR rose essence – few drops
- Ghee or oil to deep fry or shallow fry
- Make idlis by referring to this recipe – Soft idlis
- Allow the idlis to cool ,refrigerate it for some time. [ you can also use leftover idlis ]
- Prepare sugar syrup – boil the water ,add sugar and cook till the syrup becomes thick . Add rose essence and keep aside .
Chop the idlis into desired shape and deep fry it till golden brown and crispy on medium flame .[ don’t burn it ]
Drain and remove on a absorbent paper.
Add the fried idlis into the syrup.
Let it soak for sometime till it absorbs the syrup.
Crispy Shahi idlis are ready to serve either chilled or warm.
- It was just like shahi tukda which we make of bread.
- Y not top it with rabri or vanilla icecream.
- You can add few strands of saffron to the syrup.
- Don’t make idlis of sour [khatta ] batter .
- Refrigerating the idlis helps in chopping the idlis without crumbling.[it is ok if you don’t refrigerate.
- I have used leftover idlis.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Rabri recipe
- Shahi tukda recipe
- Instant bread gulab jamun recipe
- Rasgulla recipe
- Rasmalai recipe
- Jackfruit kesari recipe
- Meethi chawal
- Rava kheer
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies