SHAHI TUKDA RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR RABRI
- Milk – ½ litre
- Sugar – 1 ½ tbsp or as per taste
- Milk pwdr – ½ tbsp.
- Chopped almonds + pista – 1 tbsp
METHOD FOR RABRI
Mix milk pwdr to the milk and boil it in a broad thick bottom vessel on medium flame.
Reduce it to half by stirring in between.
Add sugar and mix well.
Keep stirring and mixing the layer formed on the top of the mik.
Off the flame [ as per the consistency ,you want ] , mix in chopped dry fruits + cardamom pwdr + saffron .
INGREDIENTS FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- Sugar – ½ or ¼ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Cardamom pwdr – ¼ tsp or less
METHOD FOR SUGAR SYRUP
Boil the sugar + water upto 1 thread consistency . [not very thick ]
Mix in cardamom pwdr, if you want you can strain the syrup.
INGREDIENTS FOR FRYING THE BREAD
- Bread slices – 4
- Ghee or oil for frying
- Saffron – few strands
- Almonds and pista sliced – for garnish
METHOD FOR FRYING THE BREAD
Cut the edges of the bread and cut them into any shapes you like.
Now either deep fry or shallow fry or pan fry the bread till they turn crispy and golden brown evenly.
Drain and keep aside .
ASSEMBLING THE SHAHI TUKRA
Dip the fried bread slices in the sugar syrup till they are well coated.
Arrange the dipped bread slices in a plate.
Pour the rabri on the bread slices.
Garnish with chopped dry fruits and few strand of saffron.
Serve it chilled or warm
- The rabri can be thick or of flowing consistency
- You can garnish with silver varak.
- You can toast the bread slices in ghee till crispy .
- You can add kewra or rose water to the rabri.
- The bread slices have to be crispy or else it will become soggy.
- You can use white or brown bread.
- There is no need to chop the edges of the bread.
- If frying in oil , use oil without smell like sundrop or the bread will get a oily smell.
- You can use 1 tsp corn flour to thicken the milk fast.
- You can add masala milk pwdr mix to the rabri .
For recipes click on the names below : –
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies